IN THIS SECTION
Registering with the library:
Registration is free and open to anyone aged 16 or over.
Library cards are issued in the Welcome Zone of the Luxembourg Learning Center (LLC) during library services hours from 10.00 to 17.00.
- Students and Ph.D. students
Register at the Welcome Zone of the LLC between 10.00 to 17.00 by presenting your student card (which will also become your library card). Your registration is valid for the duration of your studies
- Professors, researchers, administrative and technical staff of the university
Please follow any one of the options below mentioned
Download the registration form available via the intranet (ULI/The University/ LCC)
Register in person at the information desk in the LLC Welcome Zone
Residents of Luxembourg and the Greater Region (Belgian, French, or German border areas*) can register in person at the Welcome Zone of the LLC between 10.00 and 17.00. A form of identification is required.
Mon - Friday: 08.00 - 22.00
Sat - Sun: 08.00 - 17.00
Booking a study place in the Learning Center:
According to the COVID19 measures, a major update has been made so that the Luxembourg Learning Centre (LLC) now provide:
- Free entry to the LLC
- Free access to all public areas and collections
- End of mandatory reservation of workspaces
The decision comes in line with the new legal measures adopted on 8th November 2021 in response to COVID-19. The number of available workspaces will be increased from 300 to 800 and it will no longer be necessary to book in advance.
Note: Only the individual CUBE workspaces and the collaborative Group Work workspaces requires a booking in advance. Students and staff of the University of Luxembourg can book the individual CUBE workspaces and the collaborative Group Work workspaces in advance via the App Affluences.
You can book your spot via Affluences, a mobile application available in the App Store or on Google Play
Step.1: Log in to Affluences or use the Affluences app installed on your smartphone (App Store or Google Play).
Step.2: In the menu, select Luxembourg Learning Centre
Step.3: Choose your individual CUBE or your Group workspace (see the plan) and the date/time of your visit.
Step.4: Enter your University email address (firstname.lastname.00X@student.uni.lu for students or firstname.lastname@example.org for staff).
Step.5: Don’t forget to confirm your booking via the link received by email.
Step.6: You see your Booking Resume before confirmation and you need to accept the general conditions to confirm.
Step.7: Remember to cancel your booking if you change your mind to free up the individual CUBE or the group workspace.
a-z is the collective search engine of the bibnet.lu library network. All registered users can use the home loan and online services offered by the Luxembourg library catalog, a-z.
Login to a-z
Step 1 : Go to Login page
If You want to change Language/
Select Login Button
Step 2 : Use your Library card number (under the barcode on your library card/student card) and password for the authentication(This password is different from Moodle login credentials)
Use any one of the following Library card Number
Renting a Laptop
The laptop rent service is open to any internal user registered with the library (students and staff of the University).
Step 1 : Go to LLC Belval: Laptops are available to borrow from the machine located on the ground floor in the Luxembourg Learning Center, behind the lifts.
Step 2 : Use your Student card or Library card for Login and collecting the laptop(Use Library Account details for login or Use Your student card (barcode) for renting the laptop). Select Language.
Step 3 : Select the option Borrow
Step 4 : Follow the instruction given by the system to borrow the laptop.
Return the laptop :
- You have to bring it back to the machine. The locker where the laptop needs to be returned will flash.
- Open the door and return the laptop. Remember to attach the charging lead to the laptop, if not, the laptop will stay on your library borrowing record.
*It is not possible to borrow laptops in Kirchberg.The students need to use the computer rooms. If the rooms are closed, they can ask for the keys from the reception.
Book Taxi is a service that enables you to reserve and borrow books from the Luxembourg Learning Center (LLC) without having to go to Belval in person – you can simply ask for the books to be transferred to Kirchberg, Weicker, or Limpertsberg.
Step 1 : On a-z.lu, find the book that interests you and reserve it, selecting your preferred campus pick-up point: Kirchberg, Weicker, or Limpertsberg.
Step 2 : Your book is transferred to the requested campus.
Step 3 : An email is sent to inform you when the book is available in the lockers at the pick-up point*.
Step 4: To collect your book, open the locker indicated in the email by entering the last 4 digits of your reader number (on the back of your library card).
- *Books will stay in the lockers for 7 days. If you do not pick up your reserved books within this period, they will be sent back to the LLC and made available to other users again.
- Only borrowable books can be delivered. Documents excluded from the loan and available for consultation on-site, such as dissertations, theses, and journals, must be consulted at the Luxembourg Learning Center.
- You must be registered at the LLC;
- You must be in one of the following categories: Ph.D. students, staff, and students based full-time on Kirchberg, Weicker, or Limpertsberg sites. Students with lectures on several campuses or based full-time on Belval Campus can pick up their reserved items directly at the LLC.