IN THIS SECTION
I used to be able to connect to Eduroam and now I can't!
- Reset your password
- Remove Eduroam from your network list
- Connect again
- Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
- Eduroam allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions.
- Eduroam is available in thousands of locations across over 100 countries worldwide. You can find the closest locations through this link: https://www.eduroam.lu/fr/FR-part-lu.html
- It is also the most secure way to connect to the Internet on campus.
1. Connecting to Eduroam:
Login: StudentID@uni.lu + password
Security: WPA2-enterprise PEAP
Key type: automatic (default)
Phase 2 type: MSCHAPV2
Password: your UNI password
If you have connected to Eduroam with credentials from other universities, please forget the Eduroam network and re-establish connection with your new credentials.
If this does not work, re-download and re-install that certificate on your current device in order to connect to eduroam.
1.1. For Android:
Step 1: Choose Eduroam from the list of available WI-FI networks.
Step 2 : Add in with your StudentID@uni.lu and password.
Step 3 : Select CA certificate, leave it on 'don't validate' (unless you are specifically asked to do so in the furter steps), then click on "Connect".
1.2. For iOS (iPhone, iPad):
Step 1: Go to settings, choose WI-FI and select the Eduroam network.
Step 2: Use your university credentials (StudentID@uni.lu and password).
A screen will pop up with a certificate. Click Trust or Install (depending on your iOS version).
1.3. For Mac OS:
Step 1: Find Eduroam in your list of available Wi-Fi connections and log in with your StudentID@uni.lu and your password.
Step 2: Click Continue to verify the certificate.
Important: If you still cannot connect to Eduroam after login (e.g. your password changed) "forget" the Eduroam network in your device's WI-FI settings and connect again.
In order to forget the network on Mac, you need to click on the minus sign ( - ) next to the network in the list:
Step 1: Select Open Network Preferences.
Step 2: Turn on WI-Fi and select Advanced.
Step 3: Check if eduroam is connected or not. If Eduroam is connected please select eduroam and click the minus button to remove from the list.
Step 4: Then Select Plus (+) button to add eduroam again and select >>Show Networks.
Step 5: Select Eduroam again.
Step 6: Click the Join button.
Step 7: Enter your MacOS laptop password and click on Always Allow.
Important: This is not your Uni.lu credentials.
Step 8: You can now see that Eduroam is authenticated.
1.4. For Windows
- Find the Eduroam network and login with your StudentID@uni.lu and password.
- If the connection is not established, you need to "forget the network" and re-establish connection. You can do this in your computer's network & internet settings: Step 1: Click on the WI-FI connection icon o your computer and choose network & internet settings. Choose the WI-FI option Step 2: Click on Manage Known Networks and find Eduroam in the list:
Step 3: Click on Eduroam and choose "Forget"
Step 4: Open your WI-FI networks again. Find Eduroam and re-establish connection by using your login credentials as explained above.
2. Downloading the Eduroam Certificate:
2.1. For PC:
Step 1: Go to https://cat.eduroam.org and click on the "Download your eduroam installer" button.
Step 2: Select your institution (University of Luxembourg)
Step 3: Download and install the certificate.
Step 4: Launch cat.eduroam and add your credentials - studentID@uni.lu and password. You will use these credentials to connect to every available Eduroam hotspot.
2.2. For Android
Step 1: Go to https://cat.eduroam.org, add your institution, download the certificate (Refer to Chapter 2 here for more details)
Step 2: Go to Google Play Store and download the eduroam CAT app and open the certificate (aka configuration file) you downloaded in Step 1.
Step 3: Open the app and add your credentials.
After following these steps, you should be able to connect.