IN THIS SECTION:
How to reset your password using the "Password Reset" tool (detailed instructions).
When you begin your studies at the University of Luxembourg, you receive your log-in credentials from SEVE.
The credentials consist of your Student ID (the number on your student card) and a password.
Your password is the same for most of the Uni.lu services such as:
- Student e-mail account
- Guichet Etudiant
- Printing account
- Rental laptops/library computers
How to Reset your Password:
Step 1: Go to Moodle.uni.lu
Go directly to passwordreset.uni.lu
Step 2: Choose one of the two options
- If you want to reset your password select the first option.
Step 3: Type in your Student ID
Follow the instructions
- If you want to change your password select the second option
Fill in the form. Type in your Student ID only.
Type a new password - twice
In order to verify your identity, the service uses the information you have already provided to the University via Guichet étudiant:
- your personal (non-University) email address
- your personal mobile phone number.
The system will retrieve one of this information to send a unique PIN code that will allow you to change or reset your password.
Please double-check your Guichet étudiant profile with the SEVE to update it and be able to use the reset tool!
If the problem is not solved, please contact the student service SEVE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Password must contain at least: 1 Number, 1 Special character ($,@,*,…), 1 Upper case, 1 lower case.
- Do not put your first name, last name or username.
- The password must be changed at least every 210 days.
- The password must be different from the five previous ones.
The password for your library account is different!
If you have difficulties connecting to University services, your password might have expired, you need to reset it.
Note for MAC users:
Be aware that your login/password of the Mac won’t change until you connect it through the wired network of the university.
If you are not connected to the UNI wired network, it is better to use the OWA (Outlook Web Access) to reset your password and avoid issues with the MAC Key-chain.
You will still have to use your old password to start the MAC session and then you can change the key-chain.